- 2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup hot chocolate powder
- 1 (3.5 ounce) bar of melting chocolate of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups cake or all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, and beat just until combined. Add cream cheese just until combined. Do not over mix. On the top of a double boiler or a glass or metal bowl set atop a small pot of simmering water, melt chocolate. Add chocolate to mixture and stir to incorporate. Add milk and dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Stir in flavoring. Butter and sugar a bundt pan or two loaf pans. Fill pan with batter leaving about an inch of space or more at the top for rising. Cook for 1 1/2-2 hours until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve warm with a smear of cream cheese if desired. Recipe via My Invisible Crown.